12.01.2012

month of love: day one

As is obvious, I suck at blogging. 
Also, sometimes, I suck at life. 
I have a hard time being thankful for what I have, I have a hard time showing appreciation, I have a hard time thinking of things I love. Instead, I focus on things I don't have, things I hate, things that could be better.
But in reality, I don't have things all that bad. I mean, sure, I'm dirt poor and live in a {pretty much} foreign country, but things could be a hell of a lot worse.

So I'm starting this month with a purpose. I want to focus on things I love. I want to challenge myself to find something I love every day. Something different. Something {hopefully} not materialistic.

Day 1
my job

So I don't particularly love my job, its definitely nothing special. But I have one. I make money. Its not a lot, but its money. Its hard to be a college graduate working for eight an hour at a mall. But I am more fortunate than the mother of three who waits tables. Or the disabled veteran who can't find work. Or the minority worker picking vegetables in the hot summer sun. I am fortunate that I work in an air conditioned, clean building. I am fortunate in knowing that my job won't unexpectedly end. I am fortunate in having co workers that I {mostly} get along with.


Hopefully, by the end of this month, I won't be quite the cynical asshole that I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment