5.25.2012

new day

what better to do on a cloudy, windy day?

make cupcakes of course.

mexican hot chocolate cupcakes to be exact.
the recipe i used is here.
The ingredient list is quite involved. i was lucky my mother had them all in stock.

i need want a kitchenaid. 


don't they look delish?

i will say, however, that they are very dense. it could be the many ingredients, it could be the gluten free flour i have to use. i love my cuppycakes to be light and fluffy. but mom looooooved them. 

so i guess they're good.

mr. doggles is learning how to use the doggy door quite nicely. almost too nicely in fact. earlier i heard him and the neighbour dog barking up a storm. and it wasn't a nice friendly storm. there was thunder and all.

tonight was dinner at the beehive with mom and herm. 
i love their food. also their 3$ margaritas. 


i also learned today that j and i acquired a couch. it definitely isn't what i would have chosen, but its good! and i can decorate it with cute pillows and blankets. oh i'll have such happy fun sewing times.

feel free to send links or pictures of your favourite patterns for some inspiration.

i've been stalking a girl's blog whom was two years ahead of me in high school. (i've become disgustingly good at stalking being unemployed) 
i've fallen in love with all that she has posted. pretty much her life. she is crafty, has many girl friends, goes on fun dates with her boyfriend, has a lovely little body and always dresses fashionably. now i'm not saying that these are all things i need and i want to live my life just as she does. but i suppose she's given me inspiration? i know it sounds incredibly silly.
sometimes i need a look at someone else's life to jump-start my own.

i can't wait to get my lovely max back (macbook). i've become incredibly attached to him. while i'm grateful for my parents for letting me take over their computer i'd love mine back. i just searched amazon for the part needed to fix it. thank gods daddy is coming home tonight because overwhelmed didn't even begin to describe how i felt while searching.

another thing i've been thinking of lately is a camera. i would love to have a camera and to document my life in photo. i know its very trendy, but it has been established that i do fall into the hipster category and i've come to peace with that. i know a camera isn't in my budget. and i know nothing about them! advice is greatly needed in this department, if i ever get around to purchasing one. 
but for now i'll stick with the android.



today has been a lovely day. 
i'll push for tomorrow to be as well
.
.
.

2 comments:

  1. This probably isn't helpful, but I love my phone camera. Its an iphone 4. I've heard that the 4s has an even better camera! Good luck with your research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thats what I use now is my phone! Its not an iphone, but its probably the best camera I have had, haha =)

    ReplyDelete