4.14.2012

guess who's back?

back again.
hailey's back.
and is lame.....

anywho. I fell off the bandwagon for a while there. an update shall we?

boy moved. to texas. no worries, we're still together (more on this later).
put in my two weeks. only four (count'em. 4) more shift. thank the gods.
school is almost done, and i suck at staying caught up on paper. eep...
I went back to body rocking. and thats what I'm here to talk about.

I'm on day five. I've been doing the workouts every morning. even the ab bonuses occasionally. I saw a motivation system on pinterest that involves putting a dollar away every time you work out. I thought, great! boy and I can put this money away, get in shape, and travel somewhere. Its an awesome motivation.
Yesterday I struggled. There was no video posted, and it was my day off. so my brain said fuck it. I started drinking at 11, but was able to limit it to four all day. I ate way more than I should have, and had way more treats than I should have. Dad came up for the gallery walk and we met up with T. Gallery walk offers cookies and chocolate covered strawberries, how does one resist?
so I was feeling pretty shitty about myself towards the end of the day. But I feel like I've changed my mindset a little bit. Normally I would have said, "well you fucked up already so you can't do it." But today I got back on. Hit the workout hard (with some modifications of course) and plan to monitor my food today. Yogurt and granola with strawberries for breakfast sounds delightful. Well, not as good as a bagel, but! healthier.
Its kinda funny. I feel myself getting a little stronger every day. and I've only been doing this for five days. I don't know if its all in my head or if its actually happening. But whatever the case I like it. I have more energy and am more inclined to eat better if I work out in the morning.
Maybe I can get boy to body rock with me (yeah right).

So about this whole Texas thing.
see that little green star? Thats where we'll be living. looks hot. It wasn't my first choice, but, we didn't have a choice. boy got offered a job there doing pest control again. it has potential to be a long term thing (long as in a year or two). So far they're doing really well. He left on april 3. He comes back for my graduation (May 5th baby!!) and the doggy and I will drive back down with him after.
i.
am.
STOKED.

I'm not big on the texas thing, but I am big on the getting out of Logan thing.
There is one catch.
I was awarded a grant for school this year by the state. One stipulation of the grant is that I have to work for the state (DCFS) for a year after graduation to repay the grant. I have to actively search and apply for jobs within 90 mile of my homebase for 90 days after graduation. Sounds great right? It would be if I wanted to stay in Utah. But, as it turns out I don't. So its a dilemma.
My solution: wait in Texas. If I get a job, I'll come back. If I don't, I'll stay.

so please
pleeease
pleeeeaaaasssee

cross your fingers that I don't get a job.

As fun as this has all been, I have so much shit that must be done in such a small amount of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment